Making progress...

Well we're already seven weeks into 2018 and I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has generously donated to help the Brathay Trust continue its wonderful work – you're all amazing!

At the end of last year my fundraising total was hovering just below the £800 mark, yet less than two months later it's topped a whopping £2500! With almost three months to go plus the event itself, I'm going to up my fundraising target to £5000 and see how close we can get.

As for my training, I'm managing to maintain my weekly mileage – I've just reached 450 miles for the year to date – and thankfully stay injury-free. My last race was the It's Grim Up North Beautiful Bolton Marathon – my first in Brathay colours (see pic) – and next I have the Slaithwaite Slog on 25th February.

March is set to be a testing month with potentially three double-header weekends including the High Peak Marathon (I haven't run properly off-road this year so this should be fun!), Howler Events West Pennines Double and Malc's Gin Pit Double.

Fingers crossed I'll emerge unscathed from all this and please keep up your tremendous support guys…


Comments

Popular Posts