Not running 100 miles

Well my ankle still isn't right, walking is painful and brief attempts at running even more so. I was supposed to be on the start line of the Lakeland 100 again last weekend to help my ultra running buddy Chell through this epic challenge, but as that wasn't on the cards at all, I drove up to support her and some other club mates.

I travelled to almost every checkpoint on the 100 and several spots in between over a 33-hour period. I caught about an hour's kip along the way but also squeezed in a very slow Keswick parkrun, my first real test run since stumbling on Skiddaw, ironically only a few miles from that fateful spot. Fingers crossed I'm finally on the road to recovery!


So I was happy to offer support to many others on their Lakeland 50/100 journeys and witness the event from a unique perspective. I even bumped into fellow 10in10er, the legendary Malcolm Collins, at Mardale Head (a.k.a. Sparta) where I was privileged to ring the welcoming bell for a while!

On the plus side my fundraising is off the mark with over £200 donated through my JustGiving page so far =)

Comments

Popular Posts