I got the call!

I've just had the call from Alyson Knowles at Brathay  I'm in the 10in10! I'm not sure whether excitement or dread won the initial emotional battle but I'll take it!

We had brief chat about everything and, now it's had time to sink in a bit, I'm really looking forward to what will surely be an experience of a lifetime. My general fitness was good until the incident on Skiddaw (see previous post) so I'm hoping my ankle will heal before I lose too much of the gains I've made this year.

But how do you train to run 10 marathons in 10 days? Not sure there is a way really!

My "training plans" for the other long stuff I've tackled like The Fellsman or Lakeland 100 basically just involved maintaining a decent amount of steady miles week in, week out. Don't think I know another way to go about it, so fingers crossed this approach will work again, with as many marathons or ultras thrown in along the way of course.

Need to get my ankle fixed and see where I'm at. In the meantime let fundraising for Brathay Trust commence...


Comments

Popular Posts