Application in the post

Last weekend I ran the Old County Tops followed less than 24 hours later by my third Windermere Marathon with my pal and club mate Chris Campbell. Slightly daft, I'll grant you.


Seeing the 10in10 Class of 2017 set off in a pack once more, passing a few en route and muttering some utterly inadequate words of encouragement (plus the desire to not do the OCT again) had cemented my plan. I'd decided to enter the 2018 Brathay 10in10.

Surely getting in would be a foregone conclusion, after all, how many nutters really want to run 10 marathons in 10 days? Hardly anyone I reckoned.

So I was pretty shocked to find that after the lengthy application process, all submissions would be vetted and only a select chosen few! Eeek! After psyching myself up for this there's a good chance I won't get in!

I had to fill out my marathon and ultra running CV plus give a detailed account of my plan to raise a minimum £3000 for the Brathay Trust. I can only hope my half-decent long distance running pedigree combined with my previously mentioned hospital fundraising efforts will be enough.

My application is in the post....

Comments

Popular Posts